Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Welcome!

This is my first attempt at blogging, so here goes.  I have just completed my first year as a second grade teacher.  It was amazing!  I love this age.  Previously, I taught 4th grade at a Fine Arts Magnet School.  It was wonderful and I love math, which is what I mostly taught, but I always knew in the back of mind that I was missing something.  This year I found that something with my second graders.
I am a wife and mother of two.  I have a 4 year old, Payton, and 4 month old, Carter.  Both boys!!!!  Yes, I have my hands full, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Being a mother is the best thing ever.  I also have an amazing husband, Dallas.  I really do believe he is the best guy in the world, and I am so lucky that we found each other.  He is supportive (he needs one of those Real Men Marry Teachers shirts), loving, and the most hands on dad I have ever seen.  Life is wonderful!
When I'm not teaching and spending time with the family, I am singing.  I am in an ensemble called One Accord.  We are a group of 6 women: 2 sopranos, 2 2nd sopranos, and 2 altos singing for the Lord.  I sing soprano.  I love these ladies and it has been awesome to have a group of strong Christian women to come to when I need some uplifting and guidance.  I also sing with the West Georgia Choral Society.  We perform about 3 times a year and it is like a "mature" high school choir.  So, if you are like me and missed chorus when you graduated, I suggest finding a choral society to join.  This is also a great group of people and really fun, mature might not have been the best word choice for this group, haha!  My choral group knows how to have fun!
I also just started selling Avon.  All my mommies out there know how expensive kids can be (and school supplies).  You can order online and it will be delivered to you at www.youravon.com/victoriabennett.  Avon is a great company and is so easy to sell, with no parties and very little cost to you ($10 to start and all you have to pay for is your brochures).  If you are like me and find it hard to live comfortably off your teaching job, this is a great way to make some extra income.  Feel free to email me with any questions.
That is about it for me.  I'm busy all the time, but sure hope I can squeeze in some time to do some posts.  I will probably start with one a month.  

It's time for my Welcome Freebie!


I came up with this song on the bus ride back from visiting the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta, Ga a few years ago.  He is so inspiring!
Division Steps Song - to the tune of You Can Have Whatever You Like by T.I.

You Can Find the Quotient

Divide, Multiply, Subtract, Bring Down
Repeat it all again and 
You can find the quotient, oh yeah
I said, you can find the quotient oh yeah, yeah

repeat as many times as you'd like, I generally do two

My students LOVE this song!  This is from my 4th grade years.  This year in second grade, I really only did activities made by others, but I hope to get creative this year now that I know the curriculum and students better.

It's been fun!  Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment