Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Countdown to the Start of School

I have exactly 28 days until my summer is over.  Wait, didn't it just begin?  So, my brain is on overload (along with my Pinterest) of things that I want to create and prepare for my new batch of students.  Here are a few things that I have been up to this past week.

1.  I created a 2nd grade level Dolch Sight Words game.  This is an idea that I got from a pin.  I wrote one word on each ping pong ball.  I found the balls and container at The Dollar Tree.  The students will pick a ball and say the word.  If they get the word correct, they keep the ball, if they are wrong they put the ball back in the container.  The student with the most balls when the container is empty wins.  I'm thinking no more than 3 players.
2.  I picked up a couple of foam puzzles from The Dollar Tree (I love The Dollar Tree!).  I wrote addition facts and their sums on the back where the pieces connect.  When the students finish matching up the problems with their answers they can flip it over to make sure the puzzle matched up.
3.  Vistaprint!  Need I say more.  First of all, I ordered 250 business cards with all my information for school for FREE!  Then I typed in on Google's search, Vistaprint 50% off, clicked on the link, and I ordered more products for super cheap.  I ordered back to school postcards, used return address labels to make stickers, and I even got Father's Day gifts.

Have fun with your families and your creations this summer!
Tori

Font for "All Smiles in Second Grade" logo by
http://www.talesfromaverybusyteacher.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment